Sautéed Brussel Sprouts
1 ½ pounds Brussel sprouts
- Trim the bases of the sprouts and remove any damaged leaves.
- Blanche the sprouts in a large quantity of boiling salted water until half to ¾ way cooked
- Drain and refresh the sprouts in ice water. Drain again. (If the sprouts are to be finished immediately, the refreshing can be omitted)
- Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise.
1 ounce butter
3 ounces walnut pieces
Crispy Bacon bits
Salt to taste
- Heat the butter in a sauté’ pan large enough to hold the sprouts in a thin layer.
- Add the sprouts and the walnuts to the pan. Sauté’ until the sprouts are tender and lightly browned.
- Add salt to taste and toss with bacon bits. Serve