Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups Serves: About 7
This recipe was going viral like crazy on Facebook and I had to give it a try. I made some changes to fit my likes and my needs. But you can find the original recipe on Budget Bytes website.
1 lb. lasagna noodles
15 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
1 cup finely shredded Mozzarella cheese
½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed, drained very well**
2 ½ cups roasted garlic marinara sauce
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
PREHEAT OVEN TO 400°.
- In a large pot; bring salted water to rolling boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook to al dente (about 12-15 minutes).
- While noodles are cooking; in a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with veggie oil.
- When noodles are al dente; drain well. Cover a large baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Lay 3-4 noodles on baking sheet at a time. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of cheese mixture on each noodle and spread end to end. (I used my fingers to spread and pat the mixture). This does not need to be laid on thick.
- Roll up noodles and place seam side down onto prepared baking dish. Place them side to side; close. Cover tops of roll-ups with sauce and cover baking dish with foil. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes and remove foil.
**Thaw frozen spinach on plate in refrigerator over night. Unwrap spinach and squeeze out as much water as possible. Lay spinach on platter lined with layers of paper towels and cover with more layers. Press down to remove any extra water. As you mix the spinach with the cheese (I used culinary plastic gloves) the spinach will break up.