Monkey Bread (Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread)
(People were talking left and right about this bread so I had to see what all the hub-bub was about. I found that people were using refrigerated biscuits or Bisquick®…not me. This bread is delicate so that it pulls apart easily, moist, and flavorful!)
1 bag frozen yeast dinner rolls
Confectioner’s Sugar icing
- Allow dough to thaw enough to pull apart and mold into smaller balls.
- Pre-heat oven according to package directions for dinner rolls. And grease 9×13 baking pan.
- Pull apart each dough ball and shape into 4 smaller balls.
- Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. It’s easier to add your cinnamon/sugar mixture to a ziplock bag, drop in your dough balls and toss to coat.
- Completely cover bottom of baking pan with balls of dough. Brush lightly with melted butter. Add your next layer and continue with dough and melted butter. Get them close together; but not tight. Finish by sprinkling the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes. When almost cooled, drizzle with your favorite icing recipe. The more layers you add; the longer it will take to bake.