Seven-Layer Breakfast Casserole Serves: 4-6
Don and I have spent the last 3 Sunday mornings playing in the kitchen (what else is there to do now that boating season is over?). Twice we have played around with strata and this week we decided on a breakfast casserole. Taking our favorite things and putting them into one dish.
6 eggs, scrambled and cooked
1 bag (14 oz.) Frozen Pepper and Onion Blend, thawed and chopped and cooked
1 bag refrigerated sausage gravy (Bob Evans, etc.), cooked according to package
1 canister Grand’s® Homestyle Biscuits, baked according to package directions
¾ cup shredded Colby-jack cheese; divided
1 bag frozen roasted potatoes, baked according to package directions
Pre-made real bacon pieces (NOT BACO’S)
Preheat oven to 350°.
Toss pepper onion blend with potatoes, after they are prepared. Set aside.
- Slice 3 baked biscuits in half and place in bottom of 8×8 baking dish; top and bottom of biscuits facing down in dish.
- Spoon heated gravy over biscuits.
- Layer potato/veggie mixture over gravy.
- Sprinkle ¼ – ½ shredded cheese over potato mixture.
- Spoon scrambled eggs over cheese.
- Spoon remaining cheese over eggs.
- Sprinkle with bacon pieces.
Bake in oven until heated through and cheese is melted; about 20-30 minutes.