World’s Best Taco Soup
(I Heart Naptime.com)
This recipe is brought to us by Inner Chef Member; Kasi Blackford)
- 1 lb. hamburger or turkery burger (You can leave out the meat as well)
- 1-2 Tbsp. taco seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped finely
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 1(5 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can kindey beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto or white beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn
- 1 can rotel tomato’s
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa (fresh is best)
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- Brown hamburger in a large pan. Add in onions, bell peppers and saute for a few minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Let simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. You can add a little water if it starts getting too thick. You could also put this soup in a crock pot and let cook on low for several hours.
- Top with your favorite fix in’s. Our favorites are sour cream and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!