I love making ice cream cakes; I mean I really do love it! But sometimes a big cake is just too much for 2 people or even for a small get-together. I came up with the perfect solution and I hope you enjoy not only how easy it is, but how delicious they are too.
Ice Cream Cupcakes Makes: 12 Jumbo Cupcakes
1 box of your favorite cake mix (I use Duncan Hines when I am using a boxed mix)
1 quart of your favorite ice cream
Whipped topping (I prefer to make my own; recipe below)
1. Prepare cake mix as directed on package and make 12 jumbo cupcakes.
2. When cupcakes have finished baking; allow to cool to room temperature and then chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. Remove cupcakes from fridge and scoop out center of cupcake; leaving edge and some cake on the bottom.
4. Scoop your favorite ice cream into a ball and place inside hole of cupcake. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
5. Remove cupcakes from freezer and pipe with whipped topping and garnish with fresh fruit.
Homemade Whipped Topping
1 pint heavy whipping cream
4-6 Tbsp. white sugar
Mix both ingredients in a chilled bowl until medium to stiff peaks form (depending on what you are using it for)
Inner Chef Note: Make sure to freeze cupcakes in an airtight container until ready to serve.