This was my fourth Foodie Penpal and again; it was wonderful!
This time I received my goodies from Shim in Chicago and its as if he read my mind!
The aged sausage was amazing by itself and even with a touch of the hot pepper jelly. I love anything to do with strawberries so when I saw the bag of strawberries…I got very excited! It made for a great midnight snack…for a couple of days (that’s all the time I could make it last). The balsamic is delicious; I even tossed in a few of those strawberries and made a dressing (boiling and reducing). The bread (I am not sure what type it was) was homemade and amazing!
If you are into giving and receiving foodie items then I suggest you give “Foodie Penpals” a try!
In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans.
You must submit your information by May 4th as pairings will be emailed on May 5th!