The Best Coleslaw Recipe!
(If you love KFC’s coleslaw….then this recipe is for you! It is the BEST recipe I have ever found for a mayo based coleslaw)
8 cups finely diced cabbage (about 1 head)
¼ cup finely diced carrot
2 Tbsp. minced onions
1/3 cup granulated sugar
½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
¼ cup milk
½ cup real mayonnaise
¼ cup buttermilk
1 ½ Tbsp. white vinegar
2 ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- Finely dice the cabbage and the carrots. (You may use the fine shredder disc on the food processor).
- Pour the cabbage and the carrot mixture into a large bowl and stir in the minced onions.
- In the food processor, using a regular blade, process the remaining ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour over the cabbage and carrot mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.