Make a Fun Christmas Wreath from Peppermint Twists
Decorate a wreath with candy canes for a sweet twist on the classic wreath. The iconic holiday confection looks great with little red balls and a red-and-white bow.
What You’ll Need
Plastic foam wreath form
White satin ribbon
Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
Mini candy canes
Small red ornaments
Red and red-and-white striped ribbon
How to Make It
1. Wrap the wreath form with white satin ribbon.
2. Layer candy canes randomly, hot-gluing them into place.
3. Hot-glue ornaments on top of the candy canes.
4. Fashion a bow from three lengths of red ribbon shaped into progressively smaller loops; hot-glue the overlapping ends of each loop together. Wrap a length of the red-and-white striped ribbon around each loop; hot-glue the overlapping ends of the red-and-white striped ribbon loops together.
5. Stack the ribbon loops, and staple them together in the center. Wrap another piece of red ribbon around all three; hot-glue the overlapping ends together. Repeat with a length of red-and-white striped ribbon.
6. Cut two more lengths of the red ribbon and two more of the red-and-white striped ribbon. Lay a striped ribbon over each red ribbon and hot-glue to the back of the looped ribbons.
7. Adhere the entire bow to the bottom of the wreath with hot glue.