Seafood Risotto Serves: 4
1 cup Arborio rice
32 oz. chicken or veggie stock
2 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
½ lb. fresh shrimp
½ lb. fresh bay scallops
2 Tbsp. Spanish olive oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 green sweet pepper, diced
½ cup canned artichoke hearts
½ cup grape tomatoes
½ tsp. dry oregano
½ tsp. crushed red pepper
2 cups (5 oz.) whole fresh spinach
½ cup white wine
2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Pour stock into a saucepan and add the Old Bay seasoning. Bring to a simmer.
- Place a large non-stick sauté pan on medium high heat, and add the olive oil.
- When heated; add onions and pepper and cook until tender. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add the crushed red pepper and oregano and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Arborio rice until fully coated with oil. Add second layer of salt and pepper.
- Start adding the hot stock one ladle at a time to the rice mixture, stirring continually.
- Keep adding hot stock as the rice absorbs the liquid. Continue stirring.
- Test a grain of rice occasionally until the rice is cooked al dente. The mixture should contain enough stock to be loose.
- Add shrimp and scallops and cook until almost done, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in white wine and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach, artichoke hearts and grape tomatoes and cook until spinach is wilted, stirring lightly.
- Add final layer of salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.