I don’t know how many times I open a jar of marinara sauce, not using it all or made too much marinara for a meal but not enough to freeze. I have a recipe that will take care of that for you.
Italian Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta with Marina Sauce Serve: 4
What You Need
4 chicken breasts ¼ “thick
Panko bread crumbs, 2 cups
3 eggs, beaten
Bow tie pasta; 8 oz.
2 cups Marinara sauce
Parmesan cheese; grated
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Wash and pat dry chicken breasts. In a shallow baking pan; mix bread crumbs with 3 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning. In medium bowl; beat eggs with 3 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions for al dente. Keep warm till ready to use.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Dip chicken breasts into egg mixture and then the bread crumbs; patting the bread crumbs gently to adhere them to the chicken.
- Carefully place chicken breasts in oil and cook 3-5 minutes per side. If bread crumbs begin to burn; turn heat down. Remove from pan when done and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Pour marinara sauce over pasta and add capers. Stir until pasta is covered with sauce. Simmer until warmed through.
- Place chicken in oven-safe baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place in oven until cheese melts (the cheese may look crusty and that is fine). Remove from oven. Spoon pasta mixture onto serving platter and top with chicken. Serve immediately.