Haley’s Potato Soup
(From Group Member: Haley Lee)
5 cups Milk
3 Tbsp. Flour
1lb. Potatoes, Cut into bit size chunks
1 cup Onion, Chopped
½ cup Celery, Chopped
1 cup Carrots, Chopped
1 cup Corn
8 oz. Cubed Ham Chunks (You can buy in package, already cubed)
Instant Mashed Potatoes Flakes
Salt and Pepper
- Fry bacon in a large pan until crisp. Set bacon aside to use as soup topping.
- In the same pan, using some of the bacon fat and butter; sauté the onions, potatoes, celery, and carrots until the potatoes are mostly soft.
- Put the potato mixture into a large pot. Whisk the flour into ½ cup of milk and add it to the potato mixture. Add the remaining milk to the potato mixture (4 ½ cups) and also the cubed ham.
- Bring the soup to a boil over a Medium High heat, stirring often. Once boiling, reduce heat to Medium low and cover. Cook until potatoes are soft.
- Add a small amount of Instant Mashed Potato Flakes to thicken soup (amount is really based on how thick you like your soup) and add corn, salt and pepper to taste.
- The soup is ready when the corn is done, about 5-10 min. Serve with crumbled bacon on top.
Haley’s Note: I also add a little hot sauce to mine.