1/4 cup whiskey
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 TBL whole-grain mustard
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 bone-in pork chops, each about 8 ounces and 1 inch thick, trimmed of excess fat
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 Granny Smith apples, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
1 TBL finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
1. In a small bowl whisk the glaze ingredients until the brown sugar dissolves. Reserve 3 TBL of the glaze in a large bowl.
2. Lightly coat the chops on both sides with oil, season evenly with salt and pepper, and brush with the whiskey glaze that is in the small bowl. Allow the chops to stand at room temp for 15-30 minutes before grilling.
3. Heat the grill to medium heat (350-400 degrees.
4. Lightly coat the apple slices on both sides with oil.
5. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the apples over medium heat with the lid closed as much as possible, until crisp-tender and lightly charred. Transfer the apple slices to the large bowl of reserved glaze, add the tarragon and toss to coat.
6. Grill the chops over medium heat with the lid closed as much as possible, until they are slightly pink in the center, 8-10 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3-5 minutes. Serve chops warm with grilled apples.