Honey Pound Cake Servings: 24
(Recipe taken from honey.com and altered)
1 cup butter or margarine
½ cup honey
½ cup sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. freshly grated lemon peel
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking soda
1 cup maraschino cherries, drained (optional)
½ cup broken pecans (optional, but highly recommended)
- Bring butter and eggs to room temperature (30 minutes).
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter on medium speed of electric mixer about 1 minute. Gradually add honey, then sugar; beat 5 to 7 minutes after all honey and sugar are added.
- Add vanilla and lemon peel; mix well. Add eggs one at a time; beat after each addition. Scrape bowl frequently.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; mix well. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; beat on low speed only until ingredients are blended; gently stir in cherries and pecans.
- Pour batter into three* (6×3-1/4×2-1/2-in.) greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 325°F for 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes clean.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
*One 9x5x3-in. loaf pan may be used. Bake at 325°F about 60 minutes.