Jerk Chicken Wings (Food Network)
6 split chicken wings
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 Tbsp. jerk seasoning
- Toss above ingredients on a sheet of foil. Form the packet.
- Grill over high heat, turning once, 25 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Garlic Shrimp (Food Network)
½ stick butter, softened
1 cup chopped parsley
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Salt and Pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1 lb. unpeeled large shrimp
Big pinch of red pepper flakes
- Mix butter, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss with the lemon juice, shrimp and red pepper flakes. Divide between 2 foil packets.
- Grill over high heat, 8 minutes.
Campfire Foil Packs Serves: 4
(You can make these ahead of time, store them in your cooler and take them out when you are ready)
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat – cubed
2 onions, diced
1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
4 cloves garlic, sliced
4 small potatoes, cubed
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
- In a large bowl, or a large zip-top bag, combine the chicken, onion, mushrooms, yellow pepper, red pepper, garlic, and potatoes. Pour in the olive oil and lemon juice, then mix well.
- Evenly divide the mixture between 4 large sheets of aluminum foil. Top each with another sheet of foil, and roll up the edges tightly. Wrap each packet again, securely in another sheet of foil to double wrap.
- Cook in the hot coals of a campfire until the chicken is opaque and the potatoes are tender, around 40 minutes.
(Photos: Food Network)