Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
(This is one of my favorites!)
½ cup sugar
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. grated lemon peel
9-inch graham cracker crust, baked
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until thick and light yellow. Add ½ cup of sugar and the flour, beating until blended. Pour the egg mixture into a measuring cup.
- In the same bowl, beat cream cheese with a small amount of the evaporated milk until smooth. Add remaining milk, the lemon juice, and the grated lemon peel; beat until smooth and well blended. Pour egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture; beat just until blended.
- Pour mixture into the graham cracker crust. Bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
1/3 cup water
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 ½ tsp. cornstarch
- Cut 10 to 12 strawberries in half; arrange in a single layer, cut side down, over the cooled cheesecake.
- Crush enough remaining strawberries to make 1/3 cup; put in saucepan. Stir in 1/3 cup water and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Press through a strainer to make ½ cup of puree. Return the ½ cup puree to the saucepan. Mix together the sugar and cornstarch and stir into the puree in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring until thickened and clear. Cool slightly; spoon evenly over strawberries on cheesecake. Cool and store, covered, in refrigerator.