1 can (15 oz.) chili
1 small can corn (8.5 oz.), undrained
½ cup shredded cheese
Mix first three ingredients in a microwavable casserole dish. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Crumble tortilla chips over the top of the casserole, or simply dip chips in the casserole to eat.
Microwave Coffee Cake
1 ½ cups Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
¼ cup sugar
½ cup milk
2 Tbsp. oil
1/3 cup Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. milk
- Stir together 1 ½ cups biscuit mix and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup milk, egg and oil and mix well. Pour into greased 8 in. round microwavable dish.
- Mix 1/3 cup biscuit mix, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon until crumbly, then sprinkle over batter. Microwave for 4 ½ -5 ½ minutes.
- Meanwhile, make topping by stirring together powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp. milk. Let cake cool for 5 minutes, and drizzle topping over cake. Serve warm.
Twice-baked Microwave Potatoes
4 large Russet potatoes
3 green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
¼ cup milk
½ tsp. salt
¼ cup shredded cheese
Pepper to taste
- Arrange potatoes on a microwavable plate. Pierce potatoes with a fork in several places. Microwave potatoes for 8 minutes, turning them halfway through. Remove potatoes from microwave and let them stand for 8 minutes or until they are cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile combine green onions and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave for 1 minute.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop insides into mixing bowl. Mash insides with butter and green onion mix, milk, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture back into potato skins, then sprinkle the cheese on top. Microwave for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
(This recipe is simple and allows for endless possibilities.)
1 pita, opened
3 tablespoons pasta or pizza sauce
Choice of vegetables and (cooked) meat
Spread sauce and sprinkle cheese on pita bread. Add vegetables and meat, and cook on high in microwave for one minute.