ICE CREAM RECIPES (By Hand Recipes)
Vanilla Ice Cream
½ pint light cream
1-2 tsp. vanilla extract
Condensed milk (small can)
To prepare the mixture
- Take the cream, condensed milk and vanilla extract and pour them all slowly into a mixing bowl. Mix gently together until your mixture is nice and smooth.
- Follow steps for “By Hand”.
Fresh Mint Ice Cream
3/4 pint (375 ml) crème fraîche
Fresh mint (6-8 sprigs depending upon taste)
3 egg whites
5 Tbsp. of caster sugar (very fine sugar)
- Chop the sprigs of fresh mint, blend together with the sugar and then stir in the crème fraîche. Make sure all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Take the egg whites and whisk until nice and stiff, then gently fold into the mint/sugar/crème fraîche mixture.
- Your ice cream mixture is then ready. Follow directions for “By Hand” (This recipe can also be used in an electric ice cream maker).