Healthy Snacks for Pregnant Women
Fruit and Vegetables
• Sliced Oranges and Strawberries – Wonderful for your health and has less than 30g carbs. You can try other fruit combinations too, and they are bound to be delicious.
• Dried Apricots – A very sweet snack and can be eaten with low-fat yogurt.
• Banana and Natural Peanut Butter – Delicious snack packed with protein. You can add a handful of raisins if you want to really feel “full”.
• Raw Veggies – Dipped in a cup of homemade humus, has less than 300 calories.
• Choose Your Favorite! Any fresh fruit and veggies can be eaten as often as possible.
Meat, Fish and Poultry
• Chicken Breast – Cubed or shredded, on top of a bed of salad greens.
• Eggs – A hard-boiled egg sliced on a piece of whole wheat toast.
• Turkey and Avo – Lean turkey meat with a slice of avocado will provide you with a good lean protein source, as well as a serving of healthy fats.
• Lettuce Sandwich – Instead of bread, stack ham, turkey or veggies in-between layers of lettuce leaves. Very, very tasty.