Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza Makes: 2 (10”-12” pizzas)
(Pizza Crust recipe below)
Shredded or thinly chopped cooked chicken ( I used leftover rotisserie chicken), warm
Favorite BBQ sauce
Favorite finely shredded cheese ( I used Mozzarella, but Monterey Jack goes well with this)
Olive oil for grill
- Prepare the pizza crust. Lay rolled out crust on cookie sheet, brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with corn meal.
- Heat grill on high heat. Brush grill grates with olive oil.
- (This part goes quickly, so take all of your ingredients out to the grill with you). Lay the pizza crust on oiled grill (corn meal side up). Close lid and check in 30 seconds. When the top of the crust is bubbling and the bottom of the crust has grill marks; carefully flip over with large spatula.
- Working quickly; brush your crust with BBQ sauce, layer chicken, then onions, then bacon, and then sprinkle with cheese. Close lid and check in 30 seconds to see if cheese has melted. You may need to turn your grill heat to medium if the crust begins to burn before the cheese melts.
- Carefully removed from grill with large spatula and enjoy!
Pizza Crust for the Grill Makes: 2 (10”-12” pizzas
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
2/3 cup water
1 Tbsp. canola oil
Extra flour for dusting
1. Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
2. Add liquids and stir to incorporate dry ingredients.
3. Knead dough by hand 6-8 times on a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in two. Roll dough to a thin crust.