Brownie Mint Chip Ice Cream Cake
1 package Duncan Hines® Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix (family size)
½ quart Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (any ice cream will do)
1 jar Hot Fudge Ice Cream Topping
- Set ice cream out to soften; about 5-1o minutes. Spoon ice cream into large bowl and stir until creamy, but not melted.
- Lay plastic wrap in an 8” round cake pan so that it overlaps the sides and spoon ice cream into pan evenly. Top with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours. (It has to be at least 4 hours)
- Prepare brownies for “chewy type” brownies. Equally spoon into two greased 9” round cake pans.
- Bake as temperature directed on package for about 15-25 minutes (when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- Let brownies cool in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen rim of brownies with knife and carefully turn over onto cooling rack. Chill brownies in fridge until ice cream is ready.
Assembly of Cake
Lay one 9” brownie onto serving platter than is able to be put in the freezer; smooth side up.
Microwave Hot Fudge topping until spreadable, but not hot.
Remove ice cream from freezer and carefully unwrap top and lift out ice cream using overlapping sides of plastic wrap. Carefully remove plastic wrap from ice cream and place ice cream on top of brownie; smooth side up.
Place second layer on top of ice cream; smooth side up. Frost top only with hot fudge topping and refreeze until ready to eat. Please cover cake when freezing.
Take cake out of freezer about 10 minutes before eating so that you will be able to cut through with a chef’s knife or long slicer knife. You can also run your slicer knife under hot water before slicing cake.