Grilled Shrimp Panzanella Makes: 10 servings
(This one may not be so fast, but it is amazing!)
1 ½ lb. fresh or frozen shrimp with tails, peeled and deveined
¾ cup olive oil
½ cup white balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 large red and/or yellow sweet peppers, halved and seeded
2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
1 (1 lb.) loaf Ciabatta bread, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
4 Roma tomatoes, halved
½ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
½ cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved (optional)
You will need skewers for this one. If using wooden skewers; remember to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using them on the grill.
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. In a medium bowl combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Thread shrimp onto six 12-inch wooden skewers.* Brush shrimp with about 3 tablespoons of the oil mixture, reserving the remaining mixture.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grease grill rack. Place skewers on the grill rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill for 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill; set aside on a large baking sheet.
- Brush sweet peppers and zucchini with oil mixture. Add to grill. Cover and grill about 8 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly charred, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill; set aside on a large baking sheet.
- Brush bread slices and tomatoes with some of the reserved oil mixture. Add to grill. Cover and grill about 2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted and tomatoes are softened, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Remove shrimp from skewers and transfer to a very large bowl. Cut sweet peppers, zucchini, and bread into 1-inch pieces; add to bowl. Drizzle with any remaining oil mixture. If desired, add basil, parsley, and olives; toss to combine.
- Serve salad immediately or chill for up to 2 hours.