Red Pepper Hummus Makes: About 2 cups
Teamed with pita bread triangles and a variety of raw veggies, this Middle Eastern dip makes a great snack or hors d’oeuvre for a dinner party. Tahini is available at natural food stores and some supermarkets.
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
⅓ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup chopped drained roasted red peppers from jar
- With food processor running, drop garlic through feed tube and mince. Scrape down sides of work bowl.
- Add chickpeas, tahini, and lemon juice; process until mixture is smooth.
- Add roasted red peppers; process until peppers are finely chopped.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer hummus to a small bowl
Can be made 1 day ahead.
Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.
(From: Bon Appétit magazine)